June 06, 2005

Miserable

Oh man. The last week was Miserable! I got back to Belsh on Sunday night and woke up about 3:30 am with a terrible fever and chills. It felt like the flu and a pretty big scale. I didn't even get out of bed on Monday or Tuesday. Each day I kept thinking it was going to pass, but it never did. Finally after consulting with the PC doctor I got some anti-biotics on Thursday and was completely better by Saturday. It took about a whole week to get well, but the actual sickness wasn't the worst part of the ordeal. The worst part was being sick while living with a host family.

My host family is great and I really don't have too many complaints about my time with them, but they aren't particularly medically knowledgeable. Having the stomach problems that I was, I wasn't eating anything, just drinking water. They couldn't understand this because their solution for every sickness is to eat, and eat alot. So they kept insisting on feeding me fried eggs, fried salami, yoghurt, and other things the whole week. Not my foods of choice for a stomach sickness.

Anyway, I shouldn't be complaining. I'm better now.

This week we are in Elbasan everyday for a final training conference and then next Wednesday we swear in as volunteers. I still haven't heard anything about my living situation in Keneta, so it will be interesting to see what they find.

Other than that, it is starting to get pretty hot here. Once I get to Keneta, I'll be able to get to the beach, so that will be nice.

**To David & Lois, Allyson, and Sue: I'm not sure when you guys are leaving to go overseas, I know some are this month, so drop me a line before you take off. I want to know how to keep in touch while you are serving in your respective countries.

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi David!

Glad to hear you're feeling better! I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and enjoy reading your posts. I hope you like your new host family, and that all goes well in your new living situation. Talk to you later!

Karen Strenski

 

Post a Comment

<< Home