July 20, 2005

Postage Address

Seeing as how I live in an illegal settlement, I don't actually have a postal address in Durres. So, you can send all mail and packages to:

David Sheern
c/o Peace Corps Albania
Rr. "Ali Visha"
Tirana, Albania

I welcome anything anyone would want to send me, letters, packages, whatever. My friend David sent me a CD with a bunch of mp3s on it and that was really cool of him. I have a computer here, so if you want to send me music, just put mp3s on a CD and send it.

Things are good here. Just found out that next week there is going to be a US Naval ship docking here in Durres for 3 days, and there are going to approximately 1,000 sailors descending on our small city. Should be very entertaining. My friend told me that the last time the sailors came, one of them got shot for hitting on a guy's fiance.

Oh, that reminds me. A prominent business man was killed on the beach here last week. He got shot with a silenced pistol and no one knew he was dead until the waiter came up and saw he'd been shot. There was one witness to the incident, she is a teenage girl. The best part is that the newspaper published her photo with a caption of something to the effect of "lone witness." Quality journalism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home