June 13, 2005

same old same old

Training is slowly continuing. We are having our final meetings this week and will swear in as volunteers on Wednesday. Things have been good, but it is a little overwhelming thinking about moving to a new city and starting over. I have gotten pretty close to my host family here and all of the community of Belsh, so it will be a little hard to leave. But at the same time I am ready to start working with Co-Plan and becoming a part of the community I will live in for two years. I still haven't heard if they have found a place for me to live in Keneta. Hopefully I will find out by Thursday when I move. Otherwise I might be in a hotel again for a while.

This weekend our training group made a trip to Tirana. It was a good time. There is an American restaurant there and I had a hamburger, fries, and an american style coffee. It was a little wierd because the were alot of ex-pats there (missionaries, development workers, etc.) so it kind of felt like I wasn't in Albania. I was going to go see the new Star Wars at the movie theater but didn't have time. I 'll have to try to catch it later.

Happy belated birthdays to my mom, Jamie K., Darcy B., and Melissa H, and happy 32nd anniversary to my parents. Sorry this wish is so late for some of you, but know that I was thinking of you.

I'm posting some more pictures today. Some of the pictures are of Keneta, so you can see my future home. If you don't know how to see the pictures, I put the login in a previous post.

2 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,

I work nights now and have been typing random websites periodcically to find your website, and I finally figured it out. Glad you can keep us posted. It sounds like you are having a good time. Good luck at your new site.

Lisa Donovan

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,

It's so great to read about what you're up to and to know all is going ok so far! I love the pictures and have to say I've told many about the lamb in your room after your long trip. Too funny. Thanks so much for the birthday wish. Can't wait to hear about Keneta. My prayers are with you!

Melissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home