November 13, 2005

Happy Birthday


Happy 1st Birthday to my niece Sidney on the 15th and Happy Birthday to my brother on the 18th. (She was dressed as a pig for Halloween.)

Not really too much happening here. The electricity situation is about the same, but it has really cut down on how much I can cook for myself because my refigerator doesn't keep food cold very long without power.

Went to Tirana this weekend because lots of people were in town to celebrate with the group of volunteers that is leaving in the next month. They were the first group of volunteers to come back after the PC program was restarted here in 2003. In alot of ways they were guinea pigs to get the program running right, but they also managed to do alot of great things for Albania. After they leave, it will be just Katharine and I for volunteers in Durres until the new group comes in March.

OK, that's about it.

2 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big she is already. I love seeing what it's like to grow up don't you. Just remembering last year this time the Clemson FSU game. Fun times. Miss you.

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in the David! Stacey and Allyson swear in on Monday. I will be medically separated around Dec. 2. Will do studio this spring and just graduate and get that over with. Then, if bird flu doesn't ravage Georgia, i plan to reinstate to PC in May and go back to the work I was doing. You'll be more than 1/2 finished; I'll be just starting, really. I've only put in two months.... Oh well.

I'll email later. Great blog! Good luck. Have good thanksgiving. Not sure about Albania, but in Georgia, there's an All-Volunteer Conference and T-day dinner. Hope you're well.

Sue Trone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home