September 27, 2005

Just got an email from my friend David who is a volunteer with his wife Lois in Samoa. It was really good to hear from him, and it is funny how alot of what he is experiencing there is similar to what I've gone through here. I guess alot of what you experience in Peace Corps is similar no matter where you are. Except for the fact that he lives in a cement house with a tin roof, and I live in a cement house with a tiled roof.

Had a meeting today with my PC program manager and my boss at Co-PLAN. It was a good opportunity to talk about what is going on and to think about my role in the future. The project in Keneta is really hitting an interesting phase. Co-Plan and the city government have developed an urban plan for the region and have overlayed it on the existing structures and roads. So seeing the new plan into existence is going to require working with individuals in the community to open space for road and canal systems. Could potentially generate alot of anger from the community, but if done right, could create alot of cooperation. We'll see what happens.

Quasi-funny story. There is a place here that I go to get rotiscery chicken. Last time I was there, I saw on the menu that they also offer rotiscery sheep's head. That doesn't bother me really because I understand that people here like sheep's head, but I looked at the oven and all of the sheep's heads were being cooked above the chickens and all the brain, and eye and whatever else juices were dripping onto the chickens. Kind of gross. But I ate the chicken any way because it is so darn tasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home