January 25, 2006

Surprise Guests

January has been a pretty crappy month (figuratively and literally). I really haven't felt 100% healthy since before Christmas. It's been a smorgasbord of various things I won't detail here, but after waiting...and waiting...and waiting for it to pass, I finally gave in and went to see the doctor. Drum roll please................................Diagnosis: PARASITES. Giardia to be more specific. The little critters have been taking a toll on me for a while now I guess. It's good to know that they are there cause now I can get rid of them.

I most likely got them from not being careful enough about the water, especially in Keneta where there isn't too much distinction made between pure water and grey water. Definitely going to be more discerning in the future because I really have no desire to repeat this month, at least healthwise. I am going to take the meds with dinner tonight. It's just a one-shot treatment, so I hope it does the trick. I am really ready to start feeling normal again. Plus, impossible as it may seem, I've managed to lose weight from it.

I have been thinking, however, that there is Montezuma's Revenge and Dehli Belly, so there must be something good for Durres or Keneta or Albania. Maybe, Keneta Kritters, Albania Toilet Mania, but I like "The Durres Down-Low" cause it really just socks you in the gut. If there are better ideas out there, let me know.

5 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi David,

Nice blog. I like the peace corps. It's one of the nicest things that the Mormon church does. I see alot of you guys with the bicycles and white shirts and stuff whenever I travel overseas.

Keep up the good work of God..

 
At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave!

I am back in Tally. Just today I ran into Ellen and a new MI student and we talked about you. Sorry about your giardia. I also had to take the pills to rid myself of what I called my "renegade parasite" just after my surgery. Woo-hoo. Sorry to hear about your plight though. Giardia no fun. Giardia got a lot of our attention in PST. Ichk! Hang in there buddy.

More later,
Sue

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Didn't know you had converted! How's that bike treating you in Durres?

 
At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,
I am regular reader first time caller. Sorry to hear that the giardia got the best of you for a while. Lois may have it too. You will be happy to know that my bowel movements are "regular." Hang in there!

David W.

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope that you are feeling better and that the medication worked.

Is there any news from Durres?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home