February 23, 2006

Books I've Read

Here's a list of the books I've read while in Albania. If there is one thing that Peace Corps service provides, it is opportunity for leisure reading.

I've put asterisks next to the titles to indicate how much I liked the book and whether I would recommend it. I would probably say that The Brothers K was my favorite of all of them.

The Kite Runner***
Things Fall Apart*
The English Assassin
Nectar in a Sieve
Crossing Cultures
Cider House Rules**
Life of Pi**
Prozac Nation
Black Boy
One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich*
The Blue Afternoon
White Noise**
A River Out of Eden
White Teeth**
Drop City
Slaughterhouse 5
The Pact
The Reasons I Won’t Be Coming Home for Dinner
Drowning Ruth
Me Talk Pretty One Day*
Biographi
The Heart of the Matter
The Brothers K***
Fury
The File on H.
Cloudsplitter*
Stranger in a Strange Land
Everything is Illuminated
The Devil in the White City**
The World According to Garp***
Café Europa
Jennifer Government*
Honey Don’t
Cloud Atlas*
Kings of Infinite Space**

2 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Miss Kim said...

Hi David,
I've read a lot of those books too! I agree we have to read while we're in a country like Albania or we'd probably lose our minds. Maybe when I get back to Tirana you'd like to borrow some of our books? Anyhow- peace!
Kim

 
At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to tell you guys but I think you should not be living in Albania at all if you feel the way you feel.As mother Teresa said "It's not you do that matters, but how love you put into it, that makes all the difference"

Hope this helps you change attitude and some advice : start reading some books about the history of Albania before you complain about almost everything happening there at the moment.
God Bless

 

Post a Comment

<< Home